Urine is used in various traditional organic composts and traditional fertilizer dishes such as panchagavya (milk, curd, ghee (cow less butter), dung and cow urine, when mixed panchagavya). Some experts suggested that it can be mixed with all types of soil and it can be used for spraying as an organic fungicide or insecticide. Cow urine is full of ammonical nitrogen, and many useful salts and minerals are also available in it.
After regular use of cow urine in crops, it has been found that soil microorganisms have also increased with crop production. Cow urine, natural fertilizer, soil texture and improvement in plant growth rate, as well as increase in agricultural production. The use of cow urine prevents disease from occurring by any insect. Cow urine works to accelerate the growth of the plant.
Agricultural experts suggest that you can use cow urine alone or mix it with some other ingredients to achieve good results.
Use: It is used in various forms.
1. Cow urine as an antimicrobial agent
2. In the treatment of cow-urine wounds
3. Cow urine contains anti-cancer properties
4. Favorable effect of cow urine fertilizer on the quality of pasture
5. Cow-Urine-based disinfectant growth
6. Treatment of cow urine on Leishmania’s disease
Chemical composition of cow’s urine
1. Water – 95%
2. Urea – 2.5%
3. Mineral salt – 2.5%
4. Hormone enzymes
Chemical Constituents of healthy cow urine
1. Urine volume 17-45ml/kg/day
2. Specific gravity 025-1.045
3. pH 4-8.4
4. Total nitrogen 45ml/kg/day
5. Urea nitrogen 23-28ml/kg/day
6. Allantoin 20-60ml/kg/day
7. Ammonia nitrogen 1-1.7ml/kg/day
8. Coproporphyrin 5-14micogram/dl
9. Magnesium 7mg/kg/day
10. Calcium 1-1.4ml/kg/day
11. Chloride 1mmol/kg/day
12. Potassium 08-0.15mmol/kg/day
13. Sodium 2-1.1mmol/kg/day
14. Creatinine 15-20mg/kg/day
16. Uric acid 1-4mg/kg/day
17. Leucocyte <15micro It
18. Sulphate 3-5mg/kg/day
19. Uroporphyrin 5-7.0mg/dl
20. Glucose Nil
21. Haemoglobin Nil
22. Protein Nil
Lactate- Dehydrogenase 21.780 unit | lt
Alkaline Phosphatase 110.110 KA Unit
Acid Phosphates 456.620 XA Unit
Amylase 90.236 Unit
Vit-C 216.408 milligrams |lt
Vit-B1 444.125 microgram|lt.
Vit-B2 0.633 9 milligrams|lt
Protein 0.1037 gm|lt
Uric Acid 135.028 milligrams|lt
Creatinine 0.9970 g| lt
Lactate 3.7830 mmol | lt
Phenol 4.7580 milligrams |100 ml
Free volatile phenol 0.7130 milligrams | 100 ml
Compound volatile phenol 1.3420 milligrams|100 ml
Aromatic hydroxy Acid 2.7030 milligrams |100 ml
Calcium 5.735 mmol | lt
Phosphorus 0.4805 mmol | lt
Effects of cow-urine:
1. After analyzing soil, it is found that there is no dearth of micronutrients.
2. The color of leaves becomes green with the use of urea.
3. The favorable effects of cow urine are clearly visible in the next crop.
4. There is a change in soil texture by cow-soil.
5. For the development of the soil produces good environment in the soil.
6. After 10-12 days of spraying of cow urine on crops, it acts as a pesticide.
7. It helps in development of plants as promoters.
8. Farmers also get good profits in yield and income through cow urine.
9. Farmers have found that the production of chili has increased by 10%.
The cultivation of maize which was done in the wasteland has increased by 15%.
After regular use of cow urine in wheat crop, farmers have found that soil microorganisms have increased with crop production. It also enhances soil texture and structure. It is not possible to use any insect diseases due to its use. Because cow urine provides assistance in the development of pond.
Poonam Singh, M.Sc.(Bio-Chemistry), Content writer, Self Shiksha, Lcoatips, Candidviews, Quikpills and Former Research Director at NEEW